Transformer Prime has been a great tablet for both enjoyment as well as for the work. It is used in the offices as well for the working purpose and in homes for the entertainment purpose. In one of our articles, we went through how you can root your Transformer Prime tablet, but that used to involve the use of ADB and a bunch of commands to be executed on the device. Well, that didn’t seem to be easy for the novice Android users and so considering this situation, an XDA forum member has developed an Android App – APK file that lets you root your Transformer Prime without doing much tasks, like issuing commands, using ADB and so on.
This APK file for the Transformer Prime includes the one-click root option, though there is no Unroot option, however, it is expected to be seen in the next version of the app. You just need to download the file and then launch it on your tablet, choose the Root option and you are ready to get your tablet rooted. The Apps is named as SparkyRoot and works just like Sparks. If you are still confused about using this app, then here’s a small guide explaining the steps on how you can use this file.
How to Use SparkyRoot to Root Transformer Prime:
- First of all, you need to download the SparkyRoot APK file.
- After downloading the app, install it on your tablet.
- Now, Click on step 1, exploit, it will replace the busybox file on your Prime.
- Next, Click step 2, It will launch ASUS backup tool and you have to take backup of an app.
- Click step 3, and this will install the SuperUser app on your device.
- Click step 4, it will wipe the temporary files on your device.
That’s it. By using a simple APK file – SparkyRoot, you can easily root your Transformer Prime without having a PC and that is so easy. Just run the app, follow the instructions and you are done with rooting your device.
Filed in: Android How To