LG’s 3D mobile phone, LG Optimus 3D became available in the UK market in the year 2011 and eventually other countries got their hands on this Android smartphone. It works on the Android 2.2 Froyo and can be upgraded to the Gingerbread version of the same Android OS. When you get this 3D phone, you probably want to play with it by either installing apps or games. Nowadays, there are more apps for the rooted mobile phones than the unrooted ones. Therefore, if you root your LG Optimus 3D phone, you could actually get its full potential out in no time. If you want to do so, just keep reading this guide.
The following guide shows you how you can root your LG Optimus 3D smartphone. The files that you are going to need are listed in the pre-requisites and then begins the procedure to root your phone. You must be aware that rooting your phone will void its warranty and it can only be retained by either installing the stock firmware or unrooting your phone.
If you have prepared yourself for the process, then just move ahead and start rooting your phone.
- Rooting Package (Download)
After you have got the above file, move on to the rooting process.
How to Root LG Optimus 3D:
- Download the Rooting package from the above link and extract files from it onto your PC.
- From the extracted files, run the adb.exe file to install ADB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone, for that, go to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and check-mark the box.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- When the phone is connected to your PC, run the run.bat file on your PC.
It will begin rooting your phone and in a few seconds, you will have a rooted LG Optimus 3D smartphone in your hands. Cheers and if you wish, you can thank or donate the developer of this root method over on XDA forum.
Filed in: Android How To