Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 was announced back in 2011 and it is from the Tab line-up of tablets from Samsung. It sports a 7.7 inch Super AMOLED plus screen and has a dual-core processor, that make things faster on this tablet. As it runs on the Android 3.2, there are ways to let its full potential come out. The first thing you should do with the tablet is to Root it. Once you have done rooting Tab 7.7, you will gain access to so many apps and games that are built only for the rooted tablets as they require access to system files. This is the main advantage of rooting your Galaxy Tab 7.7.
In order to root your Galaxy Tab 7.7 model, you will need to collect some of the required files that are necessary to move ahead in the process. You will use these files in the tutorial below, the steps will tell you when to use which file. Here, we have collected the files list along with their download links to make your job easier. Download all of the files mentioned below and then you can move to the steps to root your device.
Download the above files on your PC and then apply the below steps.
Steps to Root Galaxy Tab 7.7
- At very first, install the Samsung Kies software on your PC. It will enable us to make file transfer between the tablet and PC. It will install the device drivers as well.
- You need to have inserted an external SD card in your tablet. Then, connect your tablet to the PC using the cable and then copy the Root.zip archive file to the tablet’s SD card.
- When the file is successfully copied to the SD card of your tablet, just turn it OFF.
- Boot up into the recovery mode, press the Volume UP and Volume DOWN buttons together, it will show a Galaxy Tab logo on the screen, release the Power button then.
- From the Recovery menu, choose install update from external storage option and then navigate to the Root.zip file which we had transferred to the tablet sometimes back. Use the Power button to select the file.
- The process of rooting the device will begin, be patience, in a few seconds, your tablet will reboot.
- When it starts up, just head over to the Android Market and download the Superuser app which will allow system-file related operations.
The process of rooting Galaxy Tab 7.7 is finished now and from onwards, you can install the Apps and Games that require more file permissions than normal apps, the super user permissions.
Filed in: Android How To