The Android Market is full of various applications that help you extend the use of your smartphone. With each application, there are some requirements that your phone needs to meet. If it fails to meet the requirements, the application does not work on your phone. Other times, it will work but fails to provide all the features. You might have faced the situation when you go to the Android Market and try to download an app, but you get a message saying that this application is not compatible with your phone. In such cases, you need to leave that app and there is no way other to get it.
To solve this application incompatibility issue, we have created a guide. By using a simple trick, you will be able to download the apps which are marked as incompatible for your phone in the Android Market. When this trick is fully implemented, you won’t see any error message and can easily get the app. In order to apply this trick to your phone, your phone must be rooted as the trick modifies a system file. So begin by rooting your Android phone first and then proceed ahead.
Assuming that your phone is now rooted, you are good to go ahead. As always, modify your phone at your own risk.
Install Incompatible Apps from Android Market
- First of all, I would recommend you take a NANDROID backup using ClockworkMod Recovery, so that you can stay on the safe side in case something goes wrong.
- Afterwards, Go to the Android Market and download ES File Explorer. (Download)
- Install the ES File Explorer on your phone and then launch it from the menu. Inside the app, navigate to Settings>>Root settings and activate Root Explorer as well as Mount File System.
- When you finish doing so, just go to /system path in the explorer and there you will find a file called build.prop. Make a copy of this file to your memory card, if something goes wrong, then you can simply restore this backed up file.
- Tap your finger on build.prop file and then choose ES Note Editor option. Here, you need to change some lines in the file, they are as following:
ro.product.model = Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer = samsung
- When you are done modifying the file, simply save it and close the app.
You are now able to download apps that were marked as incompatible for your device. Give them a try, some of them work fine!