HTC Droid Incredible aka HTC Incredible is the Android smartphone launched about two years ago with Verizon Wireless. It runs on the Android 2.1 Eclair version which is considered as the older version as of now since the Ice Cream Sandwich has been rolled out on some of the phones. Well, you don’t need to be sad, as the Ice Cream Sandwich ROM is now available for the Droid Incredible and you can install the same on your smartphone by following the guide given below.
By updating your Droid Incredible to latest ICS, you will be able to get more apps and games as the older version of Android on your phone doesn’t have much support for Apps compared to the ICS. In addition, you will get a complete new look of your phone interface, menu and all with that, new features will also be added to the phone. In this article, we will show you how you can install Android ICS on your HTC Droid Incredible S smartphone.
You should know that since this is not an official build of ICS, there are chances of getting your phone bricked. So, do it at your own risk, we won’t be held responsible if your phone gets damaged. If you follow the steps carefully, you won’t stuck anywhere and everything will go fine.
In order to install ICS on Droid Incredible, you first have to download some of the required files, these are called pre-requisites. Get them using the links given below and save them on your PC.
Once you are finished downloading the above two files, just scroll down and read the full tutorial.
Steps to Install Ice Cream Sandwich on HTC Droid Incredible
- First of all, enable USB debugging on your Droid Incredible by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, that will allow us to perform the actions on the phone.
- When USB debugging is enabled, connect your phone to your PC with USB cable and then copy the files, the two files that you downloaded from pre-requisites, to the root folder of your phone’s SD card.
- Turn OFF your phone and then press Volume UP+OK+Power key together to bootup into the recovery mode from where you will install the ICS ROM. Select Recovery from the Bootloader menu.
- Here, you need to choose install zip from sdcard option followed by choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the ICS Build file on your SD card and select it.
- Follow the above step once again, but instead of choosing the ICS Build file, choose the Google Apps file this time. So, these apps can be installed.
- When the installation is complete, just get back to the main menu of Recovery mode and choose Reboot system now option.
That’s it. The process of installing ICS on Droid Incredible is now complete and when your phone starts up, you will see the complete new appearance of Ice Cream Sandwich which you had wished if you could have, you have got it now !
Filed in: Android How To