Ice Cream Sandwich based AOKP ROM is now available for flashing for your HTC Sensation smartphone. As it is based on Android 4.0.3 ICS, you will be able to use all the new enhancements that come with the ICS and a new look is also promised with this ROM. AOKP is a custom ROM which is available for so many Android smartphones including the HTC Sensation one. In the following article, we will see on how you can install ICS AOKP ROM on your HTC Sensation smartphone.
AOKP ROM for Sensation brings customizations using the build-in customizer. Along with it, you will get some of the cool launchers that will help you adding more tools you like on your phone easily. The ROM is in beta mode, so you can expect some bugs in it and some bugs have already been reported by the users of this ROM. So, you are going to flash this ROM on your own risk. You will also void your device’s warranty after installing the ROM, but you can regain it by reverting back to the stock firmware.
In order to install ICS AOKP ROM on your HTC Sensation, you will need to download some of the required files which are mentioned below in pre-requisites. Get the files and then move down to the steps for installation instructions for this ROM.
- ICS AOKP ROM (Download)
- Google Apps (Download)
- Rooted HTC Sensation (Learn how to root HTC Sensation)
The first one is the ROM file and the second one is the Google Apps package which will add the default apps in your custom ROM. Proceed to the guide below to install the ROM.
Steps to Install ICS AOKP ROM on HTC Sensation
- Check your phone’s batter, it should not be less than 60% to achieve success.
- Put both the downloaded files into one folder on your PC.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable to enable the file transfer operation.
- Copy both of the above files to the internal storage of your phone.
- It will take some time to finish the copy process, when it is done, just unplug your phone from the PC and turn it OFF.
- Start up your phone into the recovery mode, you can do it by pressing and holding Volume DOWN and the Power button together.
- When you are in the recovery mode, you can create a NANDROID backup, so you can get back to the older ROM if something goes wrong with the current ROM installation.
- From the recovery menu, choose Wipe Data/Factory reset option to wipe the data.
- Thereafter, choose install zip from sdcard option followed by choose zip from sdcard. Select the ICS AOKP ROM file you copied earlier and let it flash on your phone.
- Do the above step once again, but instead of choosing the ROM file, choose the Google Apps file.
- Come back to the main menu and select Reboot system now option to reboot your phone.
That’s it. You have done installing ICS AOKP ROM on your HTC Sensation smartphone and your phone now should be running on the Ice Cream Sandwich flavor of Android.
Filed in: Android How To