HTC One X has been a great smartphone carrying a quad-core processor and a bigger screen. In one of our recent articles, we have showed you how you can root your HTC One X. Rooting alone isn’t enough to install custom ROMs on your phone, you will need ClockworkMod recovery installed on your HTC One X to install those CyanogenMod or any other custom ROMs. In the following tutorial, we will show you how you can install ClockworkMod recovery on HTC One X smartphone.
First of all, download the required files from the pre-requisites and then move on to the installation procedure. Make sure that each download of the file completes successfully, otherwise, you will get a corrupted file error message. So, Grab the files and go ahead.
- HTC One X All-in-One Toolkit (Download)
- Make sure your phone has good amount of battery life left to go through the tutorial without any issues.
You will need just the All-in-One Toolkit for your phone, now head to the following tutorial for the installation steps.
Steps to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC One X:
- Once you have downloaded the Tookit, extract files from it to any folder on your PC.
- Launch the One X.exe file from the extracted files by double-clicking on it.
- From the tool, choose Install HTC Drivers option and then hit the GO button.
- When the drivers are installed, choose Register at HTCDev option and press the GO button. You will be taken to the HTC Developers site where you need to create an account and have to login to your account.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- Choose Get Token ID from the tool and press the GO button. You will be presented with a screen containing your Token ID, just copy it.
- Choose Submit Token ID in the tool and press the GO button. Submit your Token ID you got in the earlier step.
- Check your inbox, there you will get a file called Unlock_Code.bin. Save it to your PC.
- Copy the Unlock_Code.bin file to the Data folder located inside the Toolkit folder.
- Now, from the tool, choose Unlock Bootloader option and then press the GO button.
Your phone’s bootloader is now unlocked and you can move forward to install ClockworkMod recovery on your One X.
- Double-click the One X.exe file to launch One X Toolkit.
- You will get a list of some of the custom recoveries for your phone. Select CWM Recovery from the list and hit the Flash Recovery button just beneath to it.
- It will begin installing recovery on your phone, usually takes a few seconds to finish the process.
There you go. You have successfully installed CWM Recovery on your One X and now you have the ability to install custom ROMs on your phone.
Filed in: Android How To