Although HTC One X smartphone is not available worldwide, Android Revolution HD Ice Cream Sandwich ROM is now available for the same. Revolution HD ICS is a high quality, high performance custom ROM for the HTC One X smartphone. The ROM is based on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich, it means if you upgrade your phone with the said ROM, you will be running on the latest version of Android by far, comprising some of the cool features that you haven’t seen in the previous versions of Android.
Android Revolution HD ICS ROM has some good features, like it runs on Android 4.0.3 ICS and instead of creating a new ROM from scratch, this is based on the stock ROM and a few improvements have been made in order to increase the performance of the phone as well as its quality. HTC Sense 4.0 has been included in this one, which is good for your HTC phone. It is a multi-language ROM so you don’t have to worry if your primary language is not English. This one has been fully optimized and tweaked to get you as much performance as it could. RAM optimization allows you to have more free RAM on your phone so you can run more than one app at a time without slowing down your phone. Battery life seems to have extended due to the optimizations made in the ROM.
Well, if you are reallly excited to enjoy this ROM on your phone, then do not think much and head to the following tutorial to install this ROM on your phone. Before going further, you need to download some of the required files which are listed below along with their download links, get them and go ahead.
- Unlocked HTC One X
- ClockworkMod Recovery Installed
- Revolution HD ROM (Download)
- SuperWipe script (Download)
When you are done with the pre-requisites, just scroll down and read the following guide to apply the steps.
Steps to Install Android Revolution HD ICS ROM on HTC One X
- At very first, download the ROM as well as SuperWipe script from the above links and place them in any folder on your PC.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC with the help of the USB cable and then transfer the SuperWipe and the ROM file to your phone’s SD card storage.
- When the file transfer is complete, turn OFF your phone.
- When your phone is turned OFF, boot it up into the recovery mode by pressing Volume DOWN+Power key together.
- You will land in the recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard optionn followed by choose zip from sdcard and then select the Super Wipe script to be flashed on your phone.
- Select the same install zip from sdcard option once again followed by choose zip from sdcard, this time, choose the ROM file for flashing.
- The flashing will begin and you are a few seconds away to get your phone running on this ROM.
- After the flashing is done, go back to the main menu of recovery and choose Reboot system now.
Your phone will then reboot and you will be running the Android Revolution HD ICS ROM on your HTC One X smartphone. Enjoy the new look of your phone.
Filed in: Android How To