If you are one of the fortunate owners of the Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone, then you have lots of possibilities to update your smartphone with new features and improvements. Galaxy S2 has become a flagship smartphone for the Samsung and with the growing sell of the phone, there are plenty of customizations available for this phone.
On the other hand, Android Ice Cream Sandwich has not been prepared, yet for Galaxy S2, however, using the custom firmware, you can get it instantly on your phone. You need to keep in mind that once you install a custom firmware, your phone’s warranty gets voided. There are also chances of getting your phone bricked, but if you follow the guide given below properly, you will not face such situation. Here, we will show you how you can update Galaxy S2 to XXLP2 Android 4.0.3 firmware. An XDA developer has developed this firmware and it has brought some noticeable improvements in the phone’s performance.
In order to apply this update to your Galaxy S2, you need to go through this guide and at the end, you will be having an updated phone with better performance than before. Make sure that your phone is Galaxy S2 I9100 and apply update only on this phone. For the guide to commence, you need to obtain the files listed below, download and save them on your computer. Here are the files that you will need.
When you are finish downloading above files, then move to the steps given below and follow them.
Disclaimer: Android Lookout will not be held responsible if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Steps to Install Android 4.0.3 I9100XXLP2 on Galaxy S2 Smartphone
- Make sure that the downloaded files are not corrupted, sometimes when a download fail occurs and you resume the download, the corrupted file gets downloaded.
- Now, just extract the files from the XXLP2 zip archive onto your desktop, for easier access.
- On your Galaxy S2, enable USB debugging by going to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging, tick mark the box.
- Thereafter, open the Odin software on your computer, which you downloaded earlier and then connect your phone to the PC using an USB cable.
- When you connect the phone to the PC, the ID:COM box of the Odin will turn into yellow, that’s the sign that your phone is connected correctly. If don’t see yellow, just try to unplug and then reconnect the phone.
- Here, you need to select the files from the extracted archive to be flashed to the phone. In the Odin, you need to select the files as described below.
PIT – u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit
PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP2_CL57619_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXLP1_REV_02_CL1095381.tar.md5
CSC – GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALP2.tar.md5
- When you have selected all the files of the firmware in Odin, just click on Start to begin the process of flashing. It will take from a few seconds to a few minutes, usually it doesn’t take much time.
- When the Odin completes flashing the firmware, it will restart your phone and when it boots up, you are ready to go with new firmware.
We have now finished updating your Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3 firmware and you will see the different in performance of the phone, it’s improved a bit.
Filed in: Android How To