The Google Nexus S 4G is one of the variation of the formal Nexus smartphones. It comes in three variations, including the AMOLED screen, Super LCD screen and the 4G version. Google Nexus was the first smartphone to come with the Gingerbread version of Android installed. Eventually, new versions of Android came and the Gingerbread version is somewhat obsolete now. So, if you are bored with your Nexus S 4G and want to install a custom ROM, then read on.
CyanogenMod 7 is a custom ROM built for the Android smartphones. It allows you to expand the usability of your phone by having premium features on your phone. It breaks all the barriers that the on-board OS comes with and is designed to give you an amazing user experience. Although it should be considered that this version of the CyanogenMod is not completely stable, however, if you can ignore that, then everything should be fine. Follow the guide given below and you will be on your way to a completely new look on your current Nexus S 4G smartphone.
In order to install CyanogenMod 7.1 on your Nexus S 4G, you will need to grab the files listed below. These files will help us to accomplish the task of installing this mod, and you can get all the necessary files using the links given below.
Now, you need to follow the instructions given below carefully. Each step has been explained, so you can know what is going on. Your phone must be rooted to install this custom ROM.
Disclaimer: Android Lookout will not be held responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged by following the below steps.
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 7 on Nexus S 4G
- Well, assuming that you have obtained all of the files and have saved them on your PC desktop, we can begin. First, connect your smartphone to your PC and then transfer the downloaded CyanogenMod 7 file to the /sdcard/ of your phone. You can do it by using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- Use the link given above to download ROM Manager. It is available in the Android Market and costs nothing. Grab it from there and install it on your phone.
- After installing ROM Manager, open it up from the Menu and then tap Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option. It will now install the custom recovery tool on your phone called ClockworkMod Recovery. For a smoother download, you should have a decent Internet connection. Read [How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery]
- Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, it might take a few minutes to download the recovery. When it finishes, just choose the option Reboot into recovery so that the custom recovery can be started.
- When your phone starts, it will be in ClockworkMod Recovery. You will see some options on the screen, just choose Install ZIP from sdcard and then navigate to the CyanogenMod file which you transferred to your phone in the earlier step.
- The process of installing the Custom ROM will start and you need to wait for some time. When the installation completes, your phone will reboot automatically and you will be able to enjoy CyanogenMod 7 on your phone thereafter.
From there, you should be able to enjoy the new modifications to your phone!
Filed in: Android How To