So you want to know how to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S2 to run Jelly Bean? Well, we are here to help! Last year, Samsung upgraded its firmware to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). But now, if you have a rooted phone, you can upgrade to a version of 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using a custom ROM.
Before you begin, make sure you backup all of your data.
So to begin, here’s what we need:
- Rooted (and BACKED UP) Samsung Galaxy S2
- Biftor Jellybean ROM Firmware (Available here)
Here is what you need to do:
1. Did you back up everything? BACK UP EVERYTHING
2. Download the Biftor ROM firmware to your computer
3. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to your computer and copy the downloaded zip to the SD card in your Galazy S2
4. Boot your phone into recovery mode (when the device is off, turn it on by holding volume up + home + power)
5. When you are in the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”
6. Then pick the “install ZIP from SD card” option and pick the Biftor Rom zip that you put on the SD card
7. Let the process finish, then reboot the device
8. Wait for it to reboot
9. Go into Settings –> About Phone to check your firmware version
Everything should be installed and you are good to go!
Filed in: Android How To